OK. One interesting thing about the social media today is the existence of what I can call the “nomination trend” (I don’t know the perfect way to call it, and I don’t care). It is when one online user gets to do something cool or funny or ostentatious, and then share the fun (or the sorrow) with their peers by “nominating” them. The lucky nominees (or the hapless victims) do the same thing, and thus, a whole phenomenon arises.
A few examples of the “nomination trend” includes the famous ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which originally was initiated in order to create awareness about ALS disease (but eventually used as a perfect excuse for fame-wh*res to flaunt their bodies and some MMK-ish play-acting). Then there’s Jam Nomination (getting nominated to sing any song you like); the Thankful List (getting nominated to write ten things you’re thankful for); your Favourite Bible Verse (getting nominated to write your favourite Bible verses); and then there’s the Facts challenge (getting nominated to write 20 facts about yourself).
Pretty thankful that I haven’t been nominated to do any of these until last weekend when I got nominated to the Facts one, then the Scripture one. Since I was kinda bored and got nothing too important to do, I actually gave it a try. It wasn’t too bad, and I did it in more or less than five minutes. And so, here’s what I wrote:
1. A Minimalism freak. Because less is more.
2. I have ailurophilia. Google that for yourself.
3. I sing random songs so randomly any time I feel like it. Throw me a word or a phrase, then I’ll sing it back to you.
4. Like singing Soul, Jazz and R&B.
5. Ultimately love Alex Gonzaga like mad. Like head over heels for her.
6. An education student. Teaching is one of my passions in life.
7. Actually think that I have a talent for graphic design, painting, photography, and anything Visual Arts.
8. Believe that watermelon is disgusting.
9. Sort of aspiring to become (as I know I would make) a good film scorer/sound designer/composer for screen.
10. Could be very snobbish, bur really friendly on the inside.
11. I only learn things that interest me and stuff that I find relevant.
12. Dreaming to actually work behind the camera one day.
13. I listen to Kyla and Ariana Grande everyday. They’re just some of the most important items on any of my playlists.
14. I love musical improvisation. I think it’s the real art in music.
15. Love BLACK. Black looks good on anything.
16. I drink about 2-3 litres of water everyday.
17. The Tomorrow People is seriously the first American TV series I got so massively infatuated with!
18. I make sure that I always engage in a super casual, real and honest conversation with God everyday.
19. I am a fan of Black music.
20. My most favourite people in the world are teachers, mothers and singers.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV)
Visit my Instagram account to actually find out who nominated me and who I nominated to do these things. I was pretty hesitant to conform but I thought it’s just this one time anyway.