This passage is meaty, confronting and simply straightforward, containing glorious truths. Let’s go.
(Read Colossians 3:4-11)
This passage is meaty, confronting and simply straightforward, containing glorious truths. Thoughts to ponder:
- Christ is the real source of life, whose fullness and total glory will be revealed to us in due time. The concept of life that we have now is nothing compared to the “real thing” in Christ.
- When we finally meet Him, we will be changed, perfected, and become like Him in glory, communing eternally with our incomparable God.
- God simply hates sin. He is both loving and just. He disciplines because He loves. He is love to begin with, but will never be unified with sin. Sin is death.
- As we look forward to our future glory, God wants us put our sinful nature to death (as mentioned within v5-9), and constantly strive to live pure and holy lives. He Himself is holy and He wants us to abide by His righteous nature.
- Die to be born again (in spirit). Let the flesh be crucified with Christ, let your sinful nature die daily so you can find the life that Jesus has brought through His resurrection.
- Christ has given us a brand new identity that we must learn to put on and cultivate. We are the saved ones, the redeemed, the forgiven. This new nature is continually renewed as we grow in knowledge of Him; this is divine maturity nourished by the Holy Spirit within us
- Jesus looks beyond our racial and cultural backgrounds. He establishes who we are, and who we become in Him, and the future that we have with Him as God’s children and citizens of heaven.